Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Gardening

Just in case I haven't mentioned it enough,  the weather has been so cold, rainy, windy all spring and summer.  The crops are behind schedule and so are my plants.  It is beyond ridiculous.
I have had a goal of having a ripe tomato by July 4th.  Some years I make it, others I don't.  This year will be a definite don't!

At least the cherry tomatoes are surviving.

My new lawn is coming in little by little.


The safflower is coming up now.

And we are growing a nice crop of foxtails.

I have had the peas planted since April.  I planted two rows from the seed I bought last year and one row from dad's mystery seed (I don't know when he bought it).  The only row that is doing well at all is the one I planted using dad's pea seeds.
And the roses that came from Grandma Blanche's actually survived my transplanting and the winter and are going to bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.