Monday, April 5, 2010

A Necessary Evil or Boyd's Heartbreak

As noted in earlier posts, Boyd has been trying to keep the old house upright.  He came to the conclusion that the roots of the pine trees were pushing against the foundation of the house and causing problems.  I am all for keeping trees alive, but besides pushing against the old house, they were too close together and not growing well.   Today was the the day to do something about it.
You can see how they are causing a problem because they are so close.
Trying to get a perspective on how tall and big the trees were.

Here we go!
Chaining up another one.
Yep, ripped the tin off the house.
It was necessary to hook up two tractors to pull one very large tree.  Luckily, I didn't do anything wrong.  Nothing broke  because of me!  The new chain did snap trying to pull this tree alone.  

The end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.