Sunday, October 17, 2021

Cows On The Loose

Just about the time I was turning the corner and headed down the road to my home I got a call from my sister and then my husband, both telling me that we had a whole herd of cows in our front hay fields. 

It was a crazy sight for sure!   I didn't really get great photos, I was a bit busy trying to move the cows back to where they belonged.


Glad to have help from family and neighbors!

The cows FLATTENED a good stretch of the fence down below the hill.
They smashed some small fences and chomped and tromped on my hay bales, but overall they didn't do too much damage.
Later in the summer, those same cows were intentionally allowed to graze on our fields full of weeds. I intended to document their progress, but, yeah, that didn't happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.