Monday, May 29, 2017

A Message for Jess



Every now and then I have a dream that I know is "real". I know that it has a message or is a premonition or an answer to something I have been wondering.

My niece, Jessica, is getting married in less than a week and I will be one of the people taking the wedding photos. The other night I had a dream about Jess's wedding. It was time for the group photos and my dad wasn't there.  I was so confused, because I knew that my dad would for certain be to her wedding.  Next thing I know, I am at the old shop on main street asking around for my dad, then I was at the grocery store across the street.  I was basically everywhere all at once asking around Brigham City searching for my dad.  I was just so dumbfounded that he would be anywhere else, but at Jessica's wedding.

Time was very fluid in my dream.  It was the past, present and future all at the same time. At some point in the dream, the wedding was over and I had finally found my dad.  I asked him why in the world he missed Jess's wedding.  What he said to me was the message of this particular dream.  He simply said, "Just because you couldn't see me, doesn't mean I wasn't there".

I know that my dad will "be" at Jess's wedding even though we won't be able to see him.  I know that he was at Kenny's wedding along with Carole, their spirits were almost tangible in that sealing room.  I am sure he has also been at many other events. I also feel that those that have gone on really haven't gone that far away.  I think they are still around ministering to us as needed.  I have felt this witness on more than one occasion.  In this dream, my dad was a presence more than an actual person with a physical body.  Other times, I have had dreams about him and he looks exactly like he did when I was a little girl.  He wears clothes I remember him wearing when I was a child, he speaks with the same phrases and patterns.  He has the same mannerisms and personality. I realize this could be because those are the memories I have about him, but it also could be that when we die our spirits continue on as they did on earth.  We have the same habits, desires and mannerisms that we had on earth with our physical body.

I know this dream means a lot to Jess. There have been a few hurdles for Sid and Jess as they have planned for this day. One thing is for certain, Gramps would never miss her wedding!  Without a doubt, he will be there.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, what a beautiful post. You are correct in your feelings, very special.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.