Thursday, May 19, 2016

Around the Farm - Mid May 2016

 Found this guy in the sprinkler valve box.  There was also another one in the other sprinkler box.
 There has been so much rain and wind and then rain and wind and more rain and wind, that we have had to take shelter in the straw shed more than once.  If you look close you will see two dogs and one goat.
 A dove has made a nest just under the roof of the goat shed.  I have only noticed two eggs.
This is the view looking through the roof beams.
And from the front.  She was much more afraid of me initially.  Now, I can even enter the goat shed and she doesn't fly off.

Every time I try to lay upside down on the hill to decompress my back, this is my view.  Well, usually that face is directly over my face.  She somehow she thinks it is her job to lick my face.
 She really is a sweetheart even if she can be a bit over affectionate.

 And, she is so super helpful, sticking her nose right where I want to pitch some hay.  She is just too interested in finding mice.

 The lawn mower doubles as a cat hammock.
 Poor Gilligan has bed head as we woke him up from a great nap.
 Sorry cat! Time to mow the lawn.
 Looking out at the newly disc'ed field.
 And enjoying some time outside without the rain or wind.
 Then there is this poor thing.  Either Boyd or Jess ran it over.  I took this picture in the dark, so it isn't very clear.  Pretty sure this is a racer snake, a type of constrictor.  This is the second one of its kind I have seen in the 10 years of living here.  It was easily 2 feet long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.