Friday, May 20, 2016

A Bit Wet Yet

Farming in May is risky business, especially when you are trying to disc the bottom lands. 
Boyd already switched the heavier tractor for the lighter option, but still...
He got stuck!
 Good thing he has his "super happy to help because she loves driving the tractor and is so comfortable, confident and experienced operating all the controls" wife to help pull him out.
 Ha!  I have learned this much from my previous experiences helping, I NEED a CLEAR signal of when to do what.  I know the one main rule, DON'T STOP PULLING!  He tries to signal with his hands, but the signals mean NOTHING to me.  Plus, since my back surgery, I have a hard time twisting at the waist and looking behind me. Makes it really hard to see signals, besides the tractor windows tend to be dusty beside the fact they are tinted and we are a bit of a distance apart.
 So Boyd kept it simple...  A honk to start pulling and a honk to stop pulling.  And guess what?  It was the smoothest rescue yet!
 Go team!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.