Monday, January 11, 2016

Angus April 4, 2005 - January 4, 2016

 The adorable little white goat at the back is Angus, just a day old. His sister Jersey, is the carmel colored goat in front.


 Not sure what might have caused him to die except old age.  He would have been 11 years old in April.  He seemed fine when I went to work Monday morning, but by that evening when I went out to do chores, he was gone. 
 He was kind of a bully, last one born of my four and the biggest from the beginning.
 Sad to have him gone.  Sad to have Sage left alone.  Boyd thinks I should get more goats, but I am thinking I will just wait and get some llamas instead. Maybe start my oxen team before I retire.
Thanks to my good husband for burying him for me that night.  It was cold, but thanks to his trusty backhoe, we got the tough job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.