Saturday, September 19, 2015

Our Life Lately

When things go well, we usually find about 30 minutes after work to head to the river.
 The dogs and I love this time of day the best.
 I ride my trusty bike.  This thing has been a lifesaver since I don't really do well if I have to walk a lot.  Riding saves me from back pain.
 I don't know why my herding dog loves the water and my sporting dog would rather stay on the bank and sniff dead things, but that is what happens every day.
 If you look carefully between the bike frame, you can see her looking for something disgusting.  FYI, that white basket on the back of my bike is incredibly convenient.


 Boyd also finished cutting hay for a neighbor.  Long story, don't think he will do it again.
 I happened to stop by in between Visiting Teaching families.
 He thought I needed something and got out of the tractor and came to visit.   He said I could post this picture of him if I added his comment about standing in the road.  I told him to look both ways before crossing the street and he said that he was worth more dead than alive, or something like that. :)

This relatively small spring (less than 2 in.) brought the tractor to a complete stand still. The spring holds the shifter that control forward, neutral and reverse.  We ended up using the thick elastic to hold the lever in the correct spot until we could get the part replaced.
And, the best part of life lately...  I got a new bed.  It's an Intellibed and I LOVE it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th