Wednesday, May 6, 2015

R.I.P Flora

I lost another goat on 4.28.2015.
I started with two goats, Flora and Fauna.  They were very tolerant of my lack of goat knowledge.  I am glad they let me pretend to be a goat farmer and that they lasted as long as they did.

All spring I noticed that Flora was acting old, and rightly so.  Pygmy goats live about 8 to 12 years. I have had Flora more than 11 yrs and she was an adult goat when I got her.  It was her time to go.

Still doesn't make it easy.  Since I believe in heaven and life after death it is a bit less painful.
If imperfect people have a place to go, then certainly animals which are all perfect in my mind, must have an excellent after life.
And, she most definitely has a beautiful resting spot.   
Special thanks to my husband and his backhoe for handling in the grave digging.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th