Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ready or Not!

I hoped to have the post up before my surgery on Monday (April 21st).  Let's just pretend that I wasn't so busy getting everything ready that I actually had time to post it.  K?  Thanks!

Thanks to my very helpful husband, the garden is basically planted.  I might add a few plants in May and replace a few that don't make it, but everything I wanted to get planted is in!
Of course, it is all tucked away inside a warm Wall O' Water or it would freeze this early in the year.

I tried a Brandy Wine Heirloom Tomato this year.  It will either be delicious or die from disease.  We shall see!
  I cleaned out the goat pen and Jasmine had to give it all the smell test.
 Anyone local want goat poop compost?   I need to get rid of some.
 New straw and fresh stash of hay.




 Buddy watched the goats while I worked.

 They have loved all their browsing time with this gorgeous weather.
 We even got the scarecrow back up in position.  He needs a makeover, but that may not happen.

 A closer view of the Brandywine.  It is some sort of Amish variety from 1888.
Sunsugar cherry tomatoes.  These are delicious!
 Peas that were looking great until we sprayed for weeds.  We covered them well, but alas!
 Along with the peas, I have radishes, lettuce, romaine, cabbage and spinach and a few sunflowers for good measure in my biggest grow box.
 Yep, he looks tough.

 Boyd sprayed, tilled, and line trimmed.  I really couldn't do much for long at all.
 We re-aligned the fencing conglomeration and added a couple of fence posts where needed.


And, a new idea for watering tomatoes.  Put some compost in the bottom and drill a few holes.  Fill with water and hope the plants love it!
I also worked on some things to get the house ready.  By Monday morning, I was more than ready for surgery!

1 comment:

Clouds - March 14th