Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The First Day of 2014

Here are a few more glimpses into what my day looked like.
This fat cat joined us one year ago as a starving, almost dead, full of matted fur and worms mess.  Now, she literally rules the place.  She loves to perch in this west facing window.
I let the goats out, they usually run to the only patch of clear land on the farm, browse for about 15 minutes and then put themselves back in their pen. It makes Boyd crazy.  First, he thinks that animals running loose means a failure in the system.  Second, they leave goat droppings everywhere.
I burned some boxes.  I managed to get the matches out of the house without Boyd noticing.
Got the fire going.


And, then Mr. Pyro himself must have sensed the burning because out he came.
FYI, he sanded the ice in an effort to make it safer for all to walk on.

Here he is supervising my work.

Then, because I suggested it, he broke up quite a bit of the ice mess that is right in front of the entrance to the old house.
Not good for the back at all.
I am hoping we get some sort of January thaw.  I already know I will be driving to work in the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th