Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Change for the New Year

The other day my biggest blog critic told me that he would like more commentary and daily life stories shared on the blog.    I'm not sure how well that is going to work out, but I am going to give it a try.   A friend of mine has blogged for each day during the past year at Camoprincesses.
I really enjoyed reading about what was going on, which must make me a true blog stalker.
So, am going to try to open up my private personality a bit and share more of what goes on, for good or bad.    It will be good for me.  I really think one reason I haven't had more farm stories to share is that my job consumes every brain cell I have and haven't been able to let it go, it doesn't leave any space for other thoughts.  I actually did pretty good at ignoring my job during the Christmas break, not an easy feat for me.  

So, I guess I am saying there is a slight chance that this blog will change a bit.

Let's start off with hoping that next year I don't have to have so many medical procedures.  I am pretty sure I was at some sort of medical facility every month starting in March.  Nothing was serious, and I didn't intend for things to spiral out of control, but one thing seemed to lead to me choosing to fix another.   I ended the year, on the 31st actually, getting a spinal epidural steroid shot in my back to help with my herniated disc and other back pain related issues.  So far, so good.  Time will tell, though.  I am just enjoying about 24 hours of pain free bending and moving.   I am also hoping that feeling better on many levels will help with dropping a few pounds.  I know everyone sets that goal at the new year, but I need to do it to prolong back surgery.  Pretty good motivation! This past year didn't help because many of the procedures and the surgery I had restricted my movement, lifting, and over all ability to regularly exercise.    Here is a  quote I found that seems to fit my life right now.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.  ~Author Unknown

Here's to a new year and a bit of a change of pace on the blog.  We'll see how I do.


1 comment:

Clouds - March 14th