Thursday, September 27, 2012

Saturday is a Special Day

Recently, Boyd and I have been having lively "discussions" about getting a new vehicle.  Well, I just got to listen while he expounded on the reasons why I need to trade in the Edge while it still has value, I deserve to drive a nice car, and many more points.  He was right about them, I just didn't want to get rid of my Edge.  I just wanted to drive it till it died.  It is still in great shape even though it has 95,000 miles.
I agreed to go to the Ford place Saturday morning.  I wanted to find something that got great gas mileage and fit my huge body.  What I found out is that those cars don't exist.  I drove a Ford Focus and loved it.  It felt like I was driving an enclosed Moped and my back was killing me by the time we got back from the test drive.   Then we drove the new Edge.  I liked my old one better.  In the meantime, I had sat in a Ranger because for the last couple of weeks that was the car on my mind.  Our salesman mentioned that he would be getting a Ranger in on trade that same morning.  Well, when we got back from one of the test drives, there it was.  We took it out for a drive ourselves and really liked it.  It made a lot of sense as Boyd had been talking this summer about getting a Ranger as a farm truck.   I also traded in my Tacoma with a shell for the 07 F150 we now have.  That made the Edge the dog hauling vehicle.  Not a big deal, but I much prefer driving wet, stinky dogs in the back of a truck than the back of my Edge.  So,  we decided to go for it and get the Ranger and keep my Edge.  I will drive both to work and save miles on the Edge.  At some point in time, the Ranger will become more of a full time farm truck and by then I will hopefully be ready to trade in the Edge.  Seems crazy now, but I know this was the right purchase.  I told my husband that I would know the vehicle to buy when I saw it and lucky for us, it showed up on the lot!

 In between car deals, we took a side trip to the temple. 




 When we got the truck home, Buddy hopped in an stayed.  I think he missed the Tacoma like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th