Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Journey to Narnia

I have taken to calling this section of the farm Narnia. 


I am not sure why.  It could be reminiscent of a student I had last year who told the whole class that my big wooden storage closet was the wardrobe to enter Narnia. I, of course, didn't know this until late in the year when I told a student she could get something out of the closet.  She looked at me with such a scared and hesitant look on her face.  When I asked her what was wrong she told me so and so had told the whole class that if a kid opens the doors they would fall into Narnia. Or it might be because all the animals seem to enter and exit the farm from this portal.  I have seen deer, birds, my foxes, and even a mother skunk and her cute babies come and go from this spot... until recently.   Lately, nothing has been anywhere near it.  I finally got curious enough to see for myself what was going on. 

What I found was...

And, no mom, I did not try to sneak them in the back of the van and take them home like I did with the bones I often found on Blue Mountain.

All types and shapes of weeds, most of which were taller than I am.










This cat watched me the whole time.
Fred, the neighbor dog, knew I was in there and stared me down as I left.

These pictures are looking out from inside Narnia.




 This is a shot of the safflower I walked through to get to Narnia.  Those tiny needle edged leaves hurt!  I plan on going back in when the safflower is off, only I am driving a tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th