Sunday, May 16, 2010

Better Late than Never

Wow!  It has been a few days.  Sorry!  I have been busy.  I started the week rescuing my husband who got the seedbed maker stuck.  It was late at night and I didn't bring the camera.  So, I have no proof, but I did pull him out and I DID IT RIGHT!  Wahoo!  Not exactly something I want to become proficient at, but...
I also played the part of a singing cowboy in a skit at school.  I was a hit.  The kids told me that there isn't anyone better at singing out of key in a twangy voice than me.  I watched Jess play softball and helped Anndee make a movie for her school.  Not counting all the other millions of things that have to be accomplished each day.  I have a few pictures of other random happenings.
Here we go...
It's shedding time!  Jasmine loves me to brush her and man does she lose a lot of hair each time.
I planted this grass weeks ago.  It has been so cold that it is just now coming up.  I will still have to reseed.  Maybe I will have it ready with the bench by the time mom gets home.
My peas are even slow growing this year.
Laura got new furniture, which meant I was getting my kitchen table and glider rocker back.  That required moving the bikes out of the old house to make storage room for my furniture.  The bikes are antiques.  Boyd's mom rode this one almost every day for years.  She rode it with friends or without well into her 80's.   She even road through a road construction site, but crashed while riding over a hose in the road.  She was luckily unhurt and just kept going.


Jeff told me about a pile of turkey feathers in the ditch at the end of the road.  I headed down with my camera to take a picture and found babies instead.  There were two of the cutest little kits.  It was dark and I didn't bring my zoom lens.  I was so mad at myself.  Even in the bad photo you can see how cute they are.  And, for any of my nephews or a certain brother-in-law who think they need to kill everything, don't worry about it.  The fox family has moved.
This could be one of their dens.   And below is the pile of feathers that brought me down the road in the first place.  I took this picture the next day because the foxes were hanging out by the pile the night I saw them.
Wish me luck for the coming week.  Hopefully, I will have more time to wander with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.