Sunday, February 14, 2010

Signs of Spring

Hey, have you noticed I haven't been whining as much about the weather?  That's because it has been beautiful lately.  Even the snowy morning drives to work are cleared up by lunchtime and the skies are blue by my drive home.  I went in search of signs of spring today and it didn't take long to find them. 
 
The birds have been heralding the coming of spring loud and clear for more than a week now.  Jasmine has been busy chasing them all over the farm.  We even have a flock of partridges. Maybe one day I will have my camera at the ready when they are out.

 
Every spring Boyd digs a channel for the water to flow away from the dog run.  Melting snow is a welcome sign of spring.

 
 
Even the goats are ready for the snow to leave.  They are always scratching their backs on the limbs, but now they are leaving behind clumps of fur.  It must be warming up if they are leaving behind their fur coats.

 
 
And at last, the beginnings of green, green grass!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.