Thursday, May 31, 2018

A New Feeder for the Goats

Have you missed being updated on the goats?  I know for a fact my mom has.  Next to close ups of Laddie, the goats are her favorite blog topic.   They had many breakfasts in bed when it rained almost every day earlier this spring.
 My dad made this feeder many, many years ago.

 I remember our calves graduating from bottles to eating from this feeder.  It has stayed in my parents' back yard for years.  I finally claimed it and managed to get it to my house with a little help from Laura and supervision from my mom.  She doubted sister power, but we got it loaded in the truck and off I went. Sadly, I didn't take any photos while we were loading it.  I didn't get a shot of my mom ready to call 911 because she was certain we were going to drop it on one or both of us. I didn't even get a photo of trying to turn around in the small space in the corral where it had been kept or my pathetic attempt at driving in reverse. I even managed to unload it and move it in to place all by myself.  My independent streak sometimes comes in handy.
 Three of the four goats can reach the feed without too much effort.  Little Denali needed a booster chair.  I had thought about building a sort of box out of decking material, but couldn't seem to fit it in my life's schedule.  I improvised with some old logs that seem to be just the right height. Since goats are ridiculously adept at balancing and climbing, it works out perfectly.


 Trigger showing me he got food all over his face.

 He is such a friendly fellow.






 I was trying to move this huge log and the goats must have thought it was an amusement park ride. They hopped on and tried to balance as I attempted to move it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th