Sunday, September 11, 2016

They Should Be Best Friends

Since Buddy died Jasmine has been all alone in her quest to destroy all mice, squirrels, skunks and birds around here.  I know she would love to have someone at her side on all her escapades.  I found the perfect dog for her.  Too bad I have no idea where to track it down.  This dog was out at the Spiral Jetty the same night I was there, clear back in May.  His owners let it run free and it wasn't causing a bit of trouble, that is until the rabbit (I think that's what it was) made a fatal mistake.
The pictures are blurry because I had my camera set to take pictures of a slowly changing sunset, not a rapidly moving dog in low light conditions.
It's hard to tell from the photo below, but the woman is freaking out after the dog ran right up to her and dropped his kill at her feet.  I would be doing exactly the same thing.
Then the man found devised a rudimentary shovel out of a limb and tried to dig a hole to bury the poor rabbit.
He then got it away from the dog and covered it up in the hole.
The dog was, of course, heartbroken that his act of valor was so under appreciated.
Seriously!  This dog would be the perfect teammate for Jasmine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th