Sunday, June 3, 2012

And the winner is ...

Well,  that's the problem.   I have this contest every year (with myself) to see how early I can grow a ripe tomato.  My best record is July 4th.   This year it warmed up early and even though the temperatures were up and down as is normal in Utah,  the tomatoes got in early and did well in their Wall O' Waters.
The controversy began when my mom called me to tell me that she already had a ripe tomato!  What??  This is the woman whom I have to beg not to pull the Wall O' Waters off the tomatoes mid-April.  She thinks that they are "squished" and need some growing room.   Anyway, my mom is claiming victory.   She says it doesn't matter that Boyd and I bough the tomato, planted it for her, filled the Wall O' Water.etc.  She did water it, but we did the rest.
So what do you think, does she get to claim victory or do I have a new personal best?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - March 14th