Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st

 It's April already.  I have managed to plant tomatoes, peas, lettuce, spinach, radishes, cabbage, etc.  I am trying out old tires as a raised bed.  
 Bud is still watching his goats. The goats are enjoying the weeds that have grown taller thanks to the sometimes warmer weather. Jasmin has found the first snake.  The best part is she found it on a day Laura was along for the walk, just for her.  Jasmin has also treed her first turkeys of the season.  The turkey flew across the river into a tree and Boyd was sure Jasmin was going to swim across to get it, but thankfully she stayed on her side of the river.
 Gilligan still demands his time inside with us at night.  Satan is also out a lot more.
 The other day Boyd found this partially consumed pheasant underneath his Bronco.  He made up a great CSI Corinne blog post, but would share it with me when I was near the computer. 
 Don't know what ate it, but I have seen more pheasants lately.  Just today I spooked out a rooster myself. That made for the second one I saw today.
Thanks to Kati for leaving a comment about her favorite photos on the last post.   Too bad she was the only one who participated :(

1 comment:

  1. My only halfway good excuse for not blogstalking you lately is that I have been somewhat consumed with March Madness and trying to beat Chris Mudrow in the brackets. His team got ousted Sat. night, so I can still win:). I'll try to do better in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Clouds - March 14th