Monday, October 24, 2011

Just in time for Halloween

Headed home from work tonight all excited because traffic had been so calm.  I glanced in my mirror to change lanes and happened to look up above my head.  This is what my eyes met...
 Yep, just hanging out inches above my head.
 The good news, I was only moments away from my exit, cause otherwise, I would have been quite the attraction off the side of the freeway.   As it was, plenty of people saw me freak out just past the underpass by Brigham Implement.  
Of course I had to get a picture.  This guy was easily two inches across from leg to other long leg.  
Next step, how to get it OUT!   I found an ice scraper and opened both doors.  I swiped hard at the spider with the scraper, made good contact and thought all was well until the spider on its web flung back at me.  You know, momentum on a pendulum and all.  Yea, I screamed, danced freakishly, flipped my hair which then tickled my neck and made me think the spider really did land on my head.   After I searched and hopefully determined it wasn't on me, I looked under everything in my car.  I finally found it by the radio.  I used the bristle part of the scraper and squished it enough that it didn't move any more.  Using some convenient nearby litter, I maneuvered it out of my car and flung it somewhere along HWY 13. 
I recovered enough to head on home only to be down the road a bit and have a boy in an old Camaro about make a left turn right on top of me.  I slammed on the horn, slid over just in time to avoid a collision.   The last five minutes of my commute added a good 10 years of stress to my life.

1 comment:

  1. I've looked at these spider pictures several times over the past few weeks. You'd think by now they wouldn't still creep me out, but they do.

    ReplyDelete

Apple Blossoms

 Kind of past their prime, but I was glad I made it out to photograph them.